[CQ-Contest] Sometimes it pays to be nice!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sometimes it pays to be nice!
From: kg2au@stny.rr.com (Jimmy Weierich)
Date: Sun Jan 16 16:12:48 2000
I started NAQP a few minutes late yesterday and S&Ped up the band
looking for a place to CQ. I found a quiet spot and asked twice if
the frequency was in use with no response. I started CQing and had
made several contacts when a gentleman called and said that I was
interfering with a DX net a couple of kHz up and politely asked if I
would move.  Being a nice guy and knowing I probably wouldn't win a
battle anyway, I agreed to move. The caller thanked me for my
courtesy and said he would give me a QSO and a rare NAQP multiplier
as a reward.

I wonder if this resulted in my  being the only one to work a KG4 in
the contest?

Jimmy

PS. I moved on and immediately found another spot to CQ.

Jimmy Weierich, KG2AU       <kg2au@stny.rr.com>