[CQ-Contest] Remote Antennas and More

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote Antennas and More
From: bailey@integ.com (Mark Bailey)
Date: Tue Feb 8 14:00:26 2000
On Monday, February 07, 2000 4:59 PM, Ron Notarius WN3VAW [SMTP:wn3vaw@fyi.net]
wrote:
> [...]
> So if I'm now running my station remotely (be it remote base, aux,
> whatever), can I participate in the contest ethically?  Consider that it
> won't be long, if it has not already happened, that Kachina and Pegasus -
> type equipment could be remote controlled via the Internet.

Hmmm,

What does this do for things like DXCC and multipliers?  I wonder if
we really want fully automated, remote control stations in desireable
DX locations, with access sold to the highest bidder.

This rule could have a great impact on both contesting and DX-ing, and
needs to be carefully examined for unintended consequences.

Mark Bailey, KD4D