[CQ-Contest] push around/interference

Subject: [CQ-Contest] push around/interference
From: n5rp@pdq.net (Bob, N5RP)
Date: Tue Feb 29 09:28:39 2000
At 07:15 2/28/00, owner-cq-contest@contesting.com wrote:

If stations A is calling CQ CONTEST, does he really have a "right" to
that frequency?  Doesn't station B have just as much right to CQ
CONTEST on that frequency?  Who is to say that station A is interfering
with station B or vice versa?  A CQ is a CQ...it is not a qso.  A
"history" of successful CQ's (resulting in a contest qso) doesn't give
that station any rights to "own" that frequency.

>Again, I say that if Station 2 can out-CQ station 1 as evidenced by
>successful QSO's, then station 2 "won" the frequency and did NOT steal
>it from station 1.  This IS a contest.  By CQ'ing, the frequency is up
>for grabs.
=======================================>
You make the whole frequency and QSO competition thing sound like a
contest.
BRAVO !!
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP