HL: RE: [CQ-Contest] New 75' Antenna limitation proposed for 24million

Subject: HL: RE: [CQ-Contest] New 75' Antenna limitation proposed for 24million people.
From: jayobrien@att.net (Jay O'Brien)
Date: Wed Mar 1 09:47:16 2000
Based on the reflector and private email I've received, I conclude that those
who are presently restricted to less than 75' think I'm wrong for objecting to
this new law which could potentially restrict everyone in 21 California counties
to 75'. I live in such a county, but I own ten acres. The law makes no provision
for lower spot densities such as mine.

I have two 100' towers and one 155' tower. All of my towers have appropriate
permits and registration as required, from the county, the FAA and the FCC.
Based on the new law, a county ordinance could be written to prevent such an
installation from taking place in the future. It would be VERY difficult to
argue with the county for more height, when the county has the proposed state
law on their side. In rebuffing the argument for the need of additional height,
they could refer to the history of the bill and show the support offered it by
Radio Amateurs.

I object to laws in general because when they are written to cure an ill,
they often inflict unforeseen collateral damage. I believe this law, as it
is presently written, fits that mold.

Jay O'Brien, W6GO
jayobrien@att.net