[CQ-Contest] Mission Impossible

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Mission Impossible
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Wed Mar 8 15:26:06 2000
Not to justify what they are doing (wide, splatter, distorted) at all
... some of the signals were so distorted that I couldn't copy the
call signs ... but I think there is something else going on not
related to an op's ability to tune an exciter/amp combo:

What we are not hearing in the response of these stations, is what you
hear out back, when they think no one is listening: that if you run a
clean narrow signal then pretty soon you have signals tight up and
down and you can't hear who's answering your CQ's. They are doing it
to keep their channel clear.

I repeat, I'm not justifying it, but if you're going to go after the
varmint, better know where the varmint's den really is. If the problem
is really stations clearing out a channel, how do you deal with it?

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:35:18 +0100, you wrote:

>This tread is going on on the amps reflector but it really
>belongs here
>
>de SM2EKM

... snip

Long section re awful signals in SSB contest...

------
--.  .-..
73, Guy

Guy Olinger, K2AV