[CQ-Contest] CQP Log Checking

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQP Log Checking
From: widelitz@gte.net (Ken Widelitz)
Date: Wed Mar 22 08:30:01 2000

I finally got around to listening to my tapes vs. the error report from CQP.

Of the 40 errors on the report (out of 2401 QSOs,) only 4 should not have
been flagged as errors as far as I am concerned after listening to the
tapes. Overall, that makes it an excellent job of log checking. I missed 2nd
place by 42 QSO points (only 14 CW QSOs) so this is significant to the
standings.

In one case, a not in log was clearly worked. But if he didn't put it in his
log, there is nothing that can be done about it. (Shades of N6TJ/ZD8Z, Jim
Neiger's, recent post.)

As I wrote to the NCCC CQP Log Checking czar, Al, AD6E, there is virtually
nothing they could do to improve the log checking. On the other hand, I need
to be more careful with my copying, especially on phone.

Bottom line is:

        1) NCCC is seriously checking CQP logs,
        2) NCCC is doing an excellent job of log checking, and
***  3) the penalties are VERY minor (1/2 QSO points off for busting call or
exchange, full QSO points off for busting more than one item, full QSO
points off for Not in Log and *** no penalties for anything.***)

Just another reason why ya gotta love CQP!!!

73, Ken, K6LA, Ken Six Los Angeles

K6LA@GTEMAIL.NET