[CQ-Contest] Doubts on the WPX Contest

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Doubts on the WPX Contest
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Mon Apr 3 12:32:51 2000
Brian,

first of all, to move in the most populated band and run (whose tactic
is also the only available to increase the number of a very generic
mult like pfxes) is definitely a strategy but also the only possible
one, and also limited to who has the chance to develop a huge pile up.
Does it have a sense to speak about strategy when only one tactic is
available ?
Second, the same drift to the few bands take place also when solar flux
is low and makes higher bands more empty than it could, and should be.
Does have a sense SB, TS (low & HP) and MM when only half of the bands
have traffic ?

The low band double points it's the evidence the problem I pointed out
has been noted and a corrective introduced, but same evident the
correction on points/bands can't cure if the key to open different
strategyes lay on pfxes that are not band related.
All considered, about 6 of the 11 years in a solar cycle do not give a
real hope to any real strategy and contribute to messy bands.
Luckily for now, 10m is wide in space and any antenna works.....

73,
Mauri I4JMY

r noticing it for the
first
> time10 years ago, give or take a couple, when KM9P took the U.S. #1 SO
> position only using 10-20.  My reaction was "cool strategy," and
pretty
> effective I might add.   If you have a station capable of the rates
required
> for this to work as a strategy, why waste any of your 36 hours on a
band
> that can't produce rate--even if the Q's are double points.  Mind
you, I
> haven't been stateside for 6 years, but as I remember, a large
percentage of
> low band Qs there are stateside to stateside, thus zero points.
Sure, It