[CQ-Contest] EU Sprint Contest is coming!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] EU Sprint Contest is coming!
From: i2uiy@cqww.com (I2UIY)
Date: Wed Apr 5 17:48:56 2000
EU SPRINT 2000
The EU Sprint Gang hereby invites you to participate in the four
European Sprint Contests held in 2000.

Entrants: any licensed station may enter  the Sprint. European
stations can work everybody, stations outside of Europe can work only
European stations.

Categories: Single Operator ONLY. Only ONE signal may be aired at  one
time.

Dates:
EU SPRINT Spring:
SSB: third Saturday in April - 15 April 2000 - managed by G4BUO
CW: third Saturday in May - 20 May 2000 - managed by B.C.C.
EU SPRINT Autumn:
SSB: first Saturday in October - 7 October 2000 - managed by I2UIY
CW: second Saturday in October - 14 October 2000 - managed by OK2FD

Time: from 15:00 UTC until 18:59 UTC.

Bands: 20, 40 and 80 meters only.
Pilot frequencies are: SSB: 14.250, 7.050, 3.730. CW: 14.040, 7.025,
3.550

Exchange:  all of the following data MUST BE PART OF THE EXCHANGE:
a) your callsign,
b) the other station's callsign,
c) your serial number starting from 001 (RST not required),
d) your name or nickname.
Please note that BOTH callsigns MUST be repeated by BOTH
stations.
A  valid  exchange is: "OK2FD de I2UIY 118 Paolo"  while  "OK2FD 118
Paolo" is NOT a valid exchange.

Special  QSY  Rule: if any station initiates a call  (by  sending  CQ,
QRZ?,  etc.),  he is permitted to work ONLY one station  on  the  same
frequency. He must thereafter move AT LEAST 2 (two) kHz before he  may
call another  station or before he may solicit again (CQ,  QRZ?,
etc.) other calls.

Valid contacts: valid contacts are QSOs correctly logged and
confirmed.  Each  operator may use ONE and ONLY one  name  during  the
Sprint.  If  the exchange is copied incorrectly,  that  operator  will
receive zero (0) points. In case of  miscopied callsigns, both
stations will receive zero (0) points for that QSO.

Scoring:  each valid QSO counts one 1 (one) point. The final score  is
the total number of QSOs.

Awards: Colorful certificates will be issued  to the winners.
Results  will be forwarded as soon as possible to Leagues,
magazines and bulletins.

Logs: a single chronological log is required. PLEASE SEND US YOUR  LOG
ON  A FLOPPY DISK. Use any of the available software or send  a  plain
ASCII file. A separate summary sheet is required too.  Please
send us the right files: if you use DL2NBU's sw, we want yourcall.ASC
file, if you use N6TR's sw, we want yourcall.DAT file, if you  use
the  IK4EWK's  sw,  we want yourcall.DBF file. If  you want the
latest  release of the DL2NBU software, you can download it
from <http://www.kkn.net/~i2uiy/free_sw/eu_sprint.zip>.
Logs  must  be sent NO later than 15 days after the  contest  to the
appropriate address:
-  Spring  SSB Sprint: Dave Lawley,  G4BUO, Carramore, Coldharbour
Road, Penshurst, Kent, TN11 8EX, England, UK.
- Spring CW Sprint: Bernhard Buettner, DL6RAI, Schmidweg 17,
85609 Dornach, Germany.
-  Autumn  SSB Sprint: Paolo Cortese, I2UIY, P. O. Box 14, 27043
Broni (PV), Italy.
-  Autumn CW Sprint: Karel Karmasin, OK2FD, Gen. Svobody 636, 674  01
Trebic, Czech Republic.

Logs  for any of the four events may also be sent by Internet Mail  to
<eusprint@dl6rai.muc.de>. The receipt of your electronic log will  be
confirmed.  If you don't receive a confirmation within two  days,  try
again or use the postal system.

You can find the EU Sprint All Times Records by visiting the
official EU Sprint web site: <http://www.kkn.net/~i2uiy/>.

Thanks  in advance for your participation de: G4BUO, I2UIY, OK2FD  &
the B.C.C. Sprint Committee.