[CQ-Contest] G2PU Silent Key

Subject: [CQ-Contest] G2PU Silent Key
From: thompson@mindspring.com (thompson@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Apr 8 00:28:14 2000
The April 2000 Issue of Rad-Com (RSGB) lists noted Dxer and contester G2PU
as a silent key on 2 Jan
2000. Sant (Mr. SRR Kharbanda) was noted for his distinguished voice, great
signal, and memory of previous contacts.
My first encounter with Sant was a 21 Mhz Phone contact (that was AM not
SSB) in 1958 in the CQ WW Phone.  I worked Sant in contests over the next
few years and he always came on to give me a contact in either the CQ WW or
ARRL DX.  He had the big European signal on 40 SSB.

Contacts have been few over the past few years as Sant (who had been
licensed for over 70 years) grew older.  My last contact with him was on 20
meters in the early 90's.  Sant called me by name and reminded me of our
early contacts.

G2PU and his big signal will be missed.   RIP Sant!

Dave K4JRB