[CQ-Contest] CW Keying bandwidth

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Keying bandwidth
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Sat May 13 17:20:16 2000
I wrote:

"Does anyone recall the factor you multiply keying speed by
to get the approximate bandwidth of keyed CW?"

        K2XA reminded me that this was previously a question in the
ARRL License Manual.  I checked my 1976 copy and found the following:

"With proper shaping, the necessary keying bandwidth is equal to 4
times the speed in words per minute for International Morse Code;
e.g. at 25 words per minute, the bandwidth is approximately 100 cycles."

        Thanks to all for the responses and I guess my memory is not
completely gone yet!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV