[CQ-Contest] Robot Op Challenge

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Robot Op Challenge
From: ae327@lafn.org (Richard J. Norton)
Date: Wed May 31 12:52:48 2000
N4ZR said -

>Recently I saw a message posted (here, I think) in which the writer
took
>for granted that computer robot ops already exist that can do as well
as a
>skilled human in operating a contest.  The writer said that it is
only
>because of the programmers' forbearance that these robots have not
taken over.

"Taken over" likely refers to overpopulating the bands, not winning
the contests.

The reason that robots have not been released is that, with our
limited spectrum available, it has been felt to be bad policy to allow
a frequency/channel to be usurped by an unattended machine.

Do you think that 100 CQing robots would impact 40 meter DX contesting
positively ?

Do you think  "single operators" each "managing" 6 robots calling CQ
on 6 bands in a computer interleaved pattern would impact contesting
positively?

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA