[CQ-Contest] SO2R - No new category

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R - No new category
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Jun 2 02:10:39 2000
At 04:53 PM 6/1/00 EDT, AA4NC@aol.com wrote:

>My vote is NO new category for SO2R.
>
>My reasoning in general:
>Category proliferation is already out of
>hand. How many categories can we stand before the contest is
>ultimately cheapened? I don't want a plaque if there are so many
>categories that there is essentially little or no competition.

I normally agree with Will, but in this case I don't share his rationale.
There are many types of competition -- sailboat racing and sports car
racing come to mind -- where the proliferation of categories encourages
participation.  Everyone still knows who won A Sports Racing....

But I would have trouble knowing just where to draw the line for an SO2R
category.  At least it ultimately relies on the ability of ONE human brain
to process the data...

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com