[CQ-Contest] Cut Numbers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cut Numbers
From: K4BAI@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Wed Jun 7 10:33:00 2000
Hi Dave:  I agree completely.  I usually send the first zero or two
zeros as T or TT unless I have already got a short number from the other
guy and send him back what he sent me.  This is OK in the first part of
the contest when we know that everyone has to have a low number, but
later on, it throws me off stride for even a loud station to leave off
the T or TT.  Of course, if the station is loud, I can handle it, but,
if the station is weak, it is a real problem.  Of course, most of those
guys are not on the cq-contest reflector, but occasionally even one of
the world class ops just gets on for a short time or gets on late and
contributes to the problem.  73, John, K4BAI.