[CQ-Contest] SO 2Computer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO 2Computer
From: n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Thu Jun 22 16:32:38 2000

I'm not in support of two computers unless you cannot bring your two
radios together so you don't have to move to get to the second radio.

For switches, the cheap ones don't always work.  They also don't
switch the mouse properly, which is a troublesome thing.

One that works pretty well is the Belkin "Omnicube".  It's available
in 2 port and 4 port (perhaps more_ configurations and  is somewhat
expensive, plus the cables to connect to the two computers are
additional and are not cheap either.

I've tried this and (especially when tired) cannot figure out easily
what computer I'm on - especially if they're both running the same
software.  Using one computer and allow the program to switch you back
and forth gives me the best "control" over what's going on.

Practice whatever you decide to do a lot before the contest to prevent
frustration.

73,
Bob

Robert E. Naumann