[CQ-Contest] SO2 Computer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2 Computer
From: Marijan.Miletic@ijs.si (S56A)
Date: Fri Jun 23 23:17:01 2000
> Even in MS stations, where there are completely separate rigs, but
> simultaneous transmissions are not permitted (everything but CQWW I
> think), it is best to have some type of "lock out" device or other
> mechanical, electrical, or computer control mechanism that prevents
> simultaneous transmissions.

>>It is so easy to implement though. All you need is just a pair of cheap
>>relays that lock out each other and control the respective PTT lines.

>>73, Igor, UA9CDC

In the defense of the distinguished GA judge K4BAI, I must say that M/S life was
really easy BUT before the discovery of computer keying and Sound Blaster.  The
above mentioned solution with a single relay controling PTT was enough but NOT
now as we initiate our transmission by networked PC function keys.  Some FIFO
buffering of separate outputs would be required...

73 & CU WRTC de S5M_ario, N1YU