[CQ-Contest] A&E Network and Competition

Subject: [CQ-Contest] A&E Network and Competition
From: w6yoo@utm.net (Harry A. Hodges)
Date: Mon Feb 5 19:30:30 2001
Hi All,

A&E network gets more of my viewing than anything else other than the
History Channel. "Competition" is sometimes VERY off the wall but treated
very seriously. Watched one recently about people gathering to play at
being mountain men, a la Bridger. Tomahawk  throwing for accuracy was one
of the competions.

Thorough coverage of an ARRL Field Day at several sites would show the
"competition" but also the ability for Hams to operate under adverse
conditions. The "Greaseburgers" normally consumed at Field Day might
attract the "Fast Food Set" to the hobby.

73, Harry

Harry A. Hodges, W6YOO
ARRL ASM - VE Team Leader