[CQ-Contest] OOs as Referees

Subject: [CQ-Contest] OOs as Referees
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sat Feb 10 01:28:42 2001
one big problem with any kind of referee outside of the staged wrtc team
competition is that the referee can't know ahead of time what entry class each
station is in.  this would require much more work checking for violations of
multiple signals or band changes than it would when you know you are looking
over the shoulder of a specific team.

Mark Beckwith wrote:

 > I am not sure OOs would be good contest referees.  I remember when I was an
 > OO I was never required to be familiar with anything specifically contest
 > related.  Has this changed?
 >
 > Mark, N5OT
 >
 > --
 > CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net
web: http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html or http://www.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net