[CQ-Contest] Receiver close spaced data

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Receiver close spaced data
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat Feb 24 20:28:47 2001
This extract is forwarded from the topband reflector discussion. My
only comment is to look at the cheap Elecraft K2 and use it as a
comparison to high-dollar radios. These numbers don't tell
everything, but that are a starting point::

 >> But back to Tom's point.  I went through a number of swept test data
and was
surprised to find that my generalization was not true in all cases.  Here is
the 5-kHz data for the rigs I checked:

(In alphabetical order...)

Rig                     BDR          IMD DR
Elecraft K2             126          88
ICOM IC-706 MkII G      86           74
ICOM IC-756             98           67
ICOM IC-756 Pro         104          80
ICOM IC-775DSP          104          77
Kenwood TS-570D         87           72
Ten-Tec Omni 6+         119          86
Yaesu FT-1000MP         111          83
Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V  106          78
In the vast majority of cases, the numbers are less than at the 20 kHz
spacing, but the amount of variation between similarly priced radios was
unexpected.

Note that some of the above rigs would experience a _blocking_ response
from an S9+30 signal that was more than 5 kHz away.

You can expect that I will be examining this issue further.

73, Michael, KC1SX

73, Tom
(W8JI@akorn.net)