[CQ-Contest] Re: Single op NOT assisted

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Single op NOT assisted
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Mon Mar 5 12:50:24 2001
On Mon, 05 March 2001, "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" wrote:

 >A lot of this depends on the honor and respect
 >that one has for the contest and the rules.

Well said.

I think what it comes down to is that folks are
beginning to believe that "the other guys" have
no respect for the contest and the rules.  The
perception is that there is a lot of breaking or
at least bending of the rules.  Unfortunately,
based on fact or not, perceptions are powerful
motivators.  A perception like this can lead to
a spiraling disdain for the rules. "If Jeeves
can get away with, so can I." (Sorry, Jeeves.)

-Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com