[CQ-Contest] wintelnetx update

Subject: [CQ-Contest] wintelnetx update
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sun Apr 1 15:00:03 2001
I just uploaded an update (version 4.08) to my free wintelnetx program.  this
program lets you create a virtual patch panel of dx spot sources.  you can
connect to multiple internet or rf based cluster nodes, combine their inputs,
remove dupes and feed them to other nodes or directly to your logger via
ethernet or serial port.

a major capability added a couple versions ago but not well advertised allows
setting up a tnc as a remote internet access point for rf users.  a sample is
included that users a kpc3+ tnc to allow up to 10 users to access my internet
node from anywhere that has an internet connection.    a sample is also
included
that lets you connect them to an ar-cluster node running on the same machine...
no setup is required on the ar-cluster node in advance, user logins are done
directly via telnet.

fixes in the last couple versions include improved dupe filtering, preventing
corrupted dx spots from getting back out to the network backbone, fixing some
bugs in auto reconnect logic, adding user control of cr/lf options for loggers
that were getting extra blank lines, and a few other minor fixes.

See this and my other free software at:
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/software.html

--
David Robbins K1TTT