[CQ-Contest] Hard-Sided Travel Cases?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Hard-Sided Travel Cases?
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Wed May 2 22:14:05 2001
Thanks to all for the many suggestions - by far, the most recommended case
was the Pelican 1650. I just bought one on eBay, with the foam, for
$152.50, so I think I got a pretty good deal compared to what I've seen
them list for on the net.  There are a couple more Pelican 1650 cases on
eBay right now and they seem to show up pretty regularly.

Here are a couple of web stores that sell the Pelican 1650 at a good price:
http://www.casefoam.com/store/c1.html -- Shows the 1650 with foam for $182
- also offers a custom foam cutting service
http://www.cases4less.com/detail_pelican_1650.html - Also $182

A search of the web (www.altavista.com among others) will turn up many
places to purchase the Pelican brand.

Also suggested were the following:

* Atlas Case 303-778-7058 - not sure what brand they carry or the prices
* Jensen Tools - no other contact information given
* Gemini Corp in Cannon Falls, Minnesota  - no other contact information given

It was also suggested that a hard-sided suitcase might be less likely to
draw attention from customs agents!

73 and thanks again!

-Marty NW0L
   martyt@pobox.com