[CQ-Contest] KL9A

Subject: [CQ-Contest] KL9A
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher W4AN)
Date: Tue May 8 21:53:37 2001

Maybe this is not the proper forum, but I just noticed that KL9A submitted
a resume for consideration in the WRTC2002.  Chris asked to operate from
my place for the WPX SSB contest.  I didn't know him.  Recalled working
him a few times, and got a couple of "thumbs up" from some people I
respect.  So I accepted his request.

I watched this young man operate without a DVP (because I'm an idiot and
couldn't get working right) for 1/2 of the WPX SSB contest while sick with
the flu.  I never saw him walk more than 10 feet from the radio the entire
time I was up there, and never whined, complained, or made excuses during
or after the contest.

Chris has was it takes to be one of the best operators going.

He has submitted a resume for WRTC-2002.  I hope you all will give him
consideration in making your decision.  At 18 years old, and from KL7 he
hasn't had as much opportunity to make noise, but he has what it takes to
do well at this event.  I may not know exactly what it takes to be great
operator, but I know one when I see one.

FWIW

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN