[CQ-Contest] V**** warning (List related -- not an urban legend)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] V**** warning (List related -- not an urban legend)
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Fri May 25 11:48:59 2001
<00f101c0e4b7$97713220$9eac0a0a@selfsimilar>
Sender: owner-cq-contest@contesting.com

unfortunately this won't help.  most of those worm viruses work on the address
list the user has on their machine.  i have received several copies of the
hybris worm that probably originated from list users because they used 'reply
all' or added me to their address book from a message posted on the
list.  in no
case has a virus made it through a reflector as they strip the attachments.
also it is not always easy to figure out just who sent the virus, the hybris
worm strips the user mailbox name so all you can find is the originating server
which is usually just some isp's  address.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net