[CQ-Contest] Don't repeat my STUPID mistake!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Don't repeat my STUPID mistake!
From: w9wi@w9wi.com (Doug Smith W9WI)
Date: Tue May 29 23:55:07 2001
Well, I'd say I'd learned my lesson, but I've done something similar (but
not quite as stupid) before...

DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR COMPUTER'S CLOCK BEFORE THE CONTEST!

Checked my eQSL mailbox this morning, and noticed a handful of "cards" from
last weekend's WPX contest.  Checked the first one against my log - he was
in there, but the time was a bit over an hour off.  I guess the guy got the
local<=>UTC conversion wrong.  No big deal.  Check the next card - he's in
there too - and *his* time is a bit over an hour off.  Uh, this doesn't look
good.

Sure enough, it was *me* who got the local<=>UTC conversion wrong - the
computer clock was an hour fast compared to WWV.  I stopped operating an
hour early because I wrongly thought the contest was over....
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66