[CQ-Contest] Summary No 2--5A1A QSL route

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Summary No 2--5A1A QSL route
From: ab0mv@ix.netcom.com (AB0MV)
Date: Wed May 30 13:29:01 2001
Since last summary, I received more varied responses.  I received
several requests to summarize, here are the new stats.

The overwhelming majority (70+) did receive QSL cards after a 2-5 month
delay when sent by registered mail in security envelope with cash not
IRCs.  Some who sent IRCs did receive QSLs but others didn't and he has
to go through all sorts of acrobatics via a Brazil station to redeem
IRCs since Libya is not a member of the UPU and doesn't accept IRCs.
Those who received QSLs listed no call signs or reference to amateur
radio on envelope. Every attempt was made to make envelope appear bland
and not containing money.

Despite this positive response, several people (about 10) never received
cards despite sending 2-3 requests and one person sent as many as 6.
This becomes quite expensive with registered mail fees.
73 Merri AB0MV