[CQ-Contest] Computer interface for TS940S

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer interface for TS940S
From: n2mg@contesting.com (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: Thu Jun 7 07:03:41 2001
Gents,

Using Kenwood's design, you need two things: one for
inside the radio and one for outside...

Inside) You need an IF-10B (not A or C or D) for
inside the radio. It's a kit with an EPROM/board and
some small parts - cap/resistor maybe.

Outside) You need a level converter.  I think
Kenwood's number was IF-232.  It's a little box (about
the size of a Bencher paddle) that runs on 12VDC.

As far as I know, the stuff is no longer available
retail or directly from Kenwood.  However...

A modern approach is PIEXX's - they sell one gizmo for
US$ 89 - all of it goes inside the radio.  Some have
complained that it comes with a ribbon cable to 9-pin
D-sub connector that one needs to sneak out under the
940's top cover.  Might seem a bit inelegant, but
there's probably no better practical solution short of
tearing the radio apart.

http://www.piexx.com/cgi-bin/piexx.cgi?p=ts940&cart_id=8386438.13865

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com