[CQ-Contest] July QST arrives "Antenna Issue"

Subject: [CQ-Contest] July QST arrives "Antenna Issue"
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Sun Jun 24 23:04:07 2001
I must add my comments to this thread...

As a long time member and supporter of ARRL, I too was disappointed in the
July issue--at first.  Then I read the magazine...

In the forward of the new Antenna Book "About the ARRL" we can see the
purpose of the ARRL  (page vii)

1) promotes interest in Amateur Radio communications and experimentation
2) represents US radio amateurs in legislative matters, and
3) maintains fraternalism and a high standard of conduct among Amateur Radio
Ops.

Anyone who is not a member apparently does not support these goals.

I personally enjoy #1, feel responsible to participate in #2, an appreciate
somebody does #3.  Thank you.

The real answer as to why July seemed a bit "hollow" can be found on page
152 of the same issue.

"The ARRL Publications Group is seeking a full-time QST Technical Editor."

If you want content along the lines of #1, it's tough to accomplish without
a good Tech Ed.  If you are qualified enough to complain, perhaps you are
suitably qualified to apply for the job.

I suspect the next couple of issues may be lacking until they resolve this
important, and currently open, position.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com