[CQ-Contest] Stacking - it's not just for yagis

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Stacking - it's not just for yagis
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 23:34:39 2001
In a message dated 6/27/01 9:02:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nd5s@ix.netcom.com writes:

> I wear tri-focals and ended up going to the added expense to have a second
>  pair of glasses made up with my tri-focal "center" vision covering the top
>  3/4 of the lens and a reading segment at the bottom.  In other words, a
pair
>  of bi-focals for the computer and for reading.  I now have clear,
>  straight-ahead vision, of the computer monitor.  I wouldn't want it any
>  other way.
>
>  Ron ND5S

I solved the glasses problem by finding single focal "computer" glasses at
Price Club for the distance between my eyes and rigs front panels and
computer screen. No need for bifocals. I arrange left and right radios on the
angle on both sides, with notebook in the center. With ThinkPad, screen and
keyboard are within the focusing range of "single focal" length.

As clarification to previous posts, for logging I use small IBM ThinkPad 500
with B/W LCD (one of few visible in daylight) and TRlog in 2 radio mode. The
screen is on the level with front panels of rigs at the desk level, so
important panels and screen are in the same plane. Switching junk is behind
the notebook, keyboard in the middle and both hands can tune both rigs
simultaneously, no confusion. I found ThinkPad to be great for the logging,
nice compact, no need for eyes to wander around. Now to unlearn two finger
typing and master the touch typing :-(

Yuri, K3BU