[CQ-Contest] Re: [YCCC] Proposed QST changes, Hit 'em where it Hurts $$

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [YCCC] Proposed QST changes, Hit 'em where it Hurts $$$
From: andrew@gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk (andrew)
Date: Sun Jan 13 14:09:03 2002
In message <Version.32.20020112201903.01050dd0@mail.tmlp.com>, Bob
Johnson <rjohnson@tmlp.com> writes

>Stop and think about what the average "New Ham" gets out of there $39 ARRL
>membership, a membership card and a monthly magazine, PERIOD !!!

RSGB membership cost GBP 40.50 (approx USD 58.50).  Admittedly, we get a
totally free (send and receive) QSL bureau, though the new VHF only guy
wouldn't see a great benefit in that.  Why doesn't the ARRL just raise
the subscription to $45?  You'd still be getting a better deal.

Andrew Williamson GI0NWG / AC6WI
Homepage = http://www.gi0nwg.freeserve.co.uk/

One of the ZL9CI gang
http://www.qsl.net/zl9ci/