[CQ-Contest] Re: Dayton Reservations

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Dayton Reservations
From: nt5c@texas.net (John Warren)
Date: Mon Jan 14 08:16:03 2002
Pete N4ZR wrote (re Dayton):

>  Last June when room sales opened for Hamvention weekend, Crowne Plaza said
>  they sold out in the first 40 minutes (much faster than usual).

That's true. I got what they said was the next-to-last room at 7.48,
after holding the 'phone line from 07:00:00! Where did all the rooms
go? Are there "block booking" secrets that the big clubs should
reveal? I have a DX friend who was given a room by a major club just
a month or so ago. How long before the individual booking deadline
can block booking start? What's the minimum block? Central Texas DX &
Contest Club would like to do it for 2003.

John, NT5C.