[CQ-Contest] correct spelling of names in naqp

Subject: [CQ-Contest] correct spelling of names in naqp
From: bhorn@hornucopia.com (Bruce Horn)
Date: Sun Jan 20 11:33:53 2002
At 01:48 PM 1/20/02 -0500, Jamie WW3S wrote:
 >How critical is the correct spelling of names in the log?
 >I worked several "Jerrys" ....some took the time to say "Gerry with a G" but
 >how do we know about the others? How about "Mark" or "Marc"?? One or two
 >spelled it but others didn't....if their log entry says "Terrie" but my log
 >shows "Terry" does anybody get dinged?

This is a common question. For NAQP SSB, I'm fairly lenient about the
spelling of names, as long as the misspelling doesn't produce another name.
Jerry=Jeri=Gerry, Alan=Allen=Allan, Mark=Marc, Terry=Teri=Terri=Terrie,
etc. However, Greg is not Craig, Rich is not Rick.

Hope that helps.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)
NAQP SSB Contest Manager