[CQ-Contest] Would this idea fly?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Would this idea fly?
From: k5iid@ntelos.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Wed Jan 23 01:38:19 2002
Folks,

There is so much talent out there in the contesting ranks that it just boggles
the mind.  Since no one contester knows it all, although I'm sure some think
they do, how about this "Contest Cookbook" being a compilation of lots of the
big guns and lots of the lil pistols stories, suggestions, hints and kinks,
station layout, analysis of contesting software, etc?

The big guys know how to run but are they the most efficient at S&P? Or are
some of the lil pistols more adept at it, since that is mainly what they do?
Spread the skills around.  Some of the newer guys are absolutely awesome, and
there are some old, old timers that are as well. And all of us have anecdotes,
humorous stories, most remembered moments, etc., could  add some "charm" to the
book and possibly make it more interesting for newcomers to contesting. AK6I
volunteered to do the editing, but this might be too big a chore for one guy. I
would be happy to help in any way possible.

What do you think?

73, Tom K5IID