[CQ-Contest] New QTH choice / possible powerline noise

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New QTH choice / possible powerline noise
From: f5vhn@yahoo.com (Ffive VHN)
Date: Fri Jan 25 09:29:51 2002
I know this is a huge question, but thought I would
ask.

I am currently looking to move house/QTH.
It has to be good for Contesting and DX on the HF
bands.

How do you test a new site ?

How do you test for noise on the low bands, without
putting up a huge antenna?

I have the software YT From the ARRL to simulate the
take off patterns.

I can run some tests from the 12v from the car and
portable antenna.

There is already one QTH I am interested in but there
is a 400V 3-phase line about 100m (330ft) away and a
big national distribution line about 500m (1500ft)
away.
Are these going to cause me problems?
How do I check ?

Merci