[CQ-Contest] target market: clarification requested

Subject: [CQ-Contest] target market: clarification requested
From: ford@cmgate.com (Ford Peterson)
Date: Fri Jan 25 11:03:49 2002
Ward wrote:

> Contesting was born of training and technical exercises.  What such
> opportunities are there for us today?
>
> 73, Ward N0AX

The data transfer is key to this contest.  We need tools fellas.  A tool
that accomplishes the handling of REAL traffic.  I imagine some of you
binary guys out there could whip up a nifty software package that would
facilitate the compilation of Qs, acceptance of relays, and delivery of
information.

During the contest, let's face it, this is play time.  During a real
emergency, the same tools could be used (assuming they are developed
properly) to transfer messages, tables of information, lists of supplies,
etc.  What's cool is that every ham would have the same set of tools on-line
(locally) and waiting to be involked--play time or emergency.

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com