[RTTY] Re: [CQ-Contest] Morons at the NCJ

Subject: [RTTY] Re: [CQ-Contest] Morons at the NCJ
From: k4ik@subich.com (Joe Subich, K4IK)
Date: Mon Feb 11 14:36:17 2002

> I agree with both Tyler & Barry on this one.  It would be better to
> move the NA Sprint up to the XE RTTY weekend.  There is not a
> whole of activity in XE RTTY even though I did make nearly 800 Q's
> this year but only 60 were on 40 meters.

Swapping the sprint weekends is one approach.  However, to put the
shoe on the other foot, how about exchanging the XE and WPX weekends?
This is something the RTTY people can do on their own without any
need for cooperation from NCJ ... other than an agreement to keep
CW Sprint on the Sunday of the second FULL weekend to avoid conflict
in those few years that February 1 is a Saturday or Sunday.

> Just my .02 worth.  I would hope the NA Sprint will move up one weekend.

The only problem with that is the Sprint weekends were changed in 1995
to avoid a conflict between two CW contests (the FOC Marathon and the
Sprint CW) on the first weekend of February.  At least the FOC Marathon
stays down around 7025 +/- 5 KHz.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK