[CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship Records

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship Records
From: scottal@erinet.com (Scott A. Lehman N9AG)
Date: Tue Feb 12 01:20:04 2002
The status of R1MV has been batted around for a
couple years without any resolution or even comment
from IARU HQ.  I have an idea about it that I haven't
heard put forth by anyone.

Think about Malij Visotskij for a minute.  It got its DXCC
status by being Russian land that was leased (?) by Finland,
and being under Finnish control.  Why would the Russian
National club want to operate from "Finland"?

Maybe the logcheckers believe that an HQ Station should
operate from land that is "native" and changed the category
to Multi-op.  That ignores the fact that IARU Championship
doesn't have a M/M class that matches HQ's ability to be
everywhere.

Why don't the MVI operations use OH calls?  None ever have...