[CQ-Contest] Assisted?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Assisted?
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Wed Mar 6 19:23:07 2002
On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 03:03:15PM -0500, Jamie Dupree wrote:

> I was doing my normal S&P during the ARRL DX SSB and was asked
> by some European DX stations if I had access to the internet -
> in order to spot them.
>
> But I felt it raised an interesting question - if that station is running
> unassisted - is that possibly a rules violation in that category?
> I assume I wasn't the first or the last person asked to do that.

It is a rules violation even if they are in a catagory
that allows assistance.

from:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-all.html

3.14. In contests where spotting nets are permissible, spotting your
      own station or requesting another station to spot you is not
      permitted.

--

George Fremin III        "When a true genius appears in the world,
Johnson City, TX           you may know him by this sign; that the