[CQ-Contest] The Difference Between Rules and Ethics

Subject: [CQ-Contest] The Difference Between Rules and Ethics
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Fri Mar 15 10:25:13 2002
1.  Is a bottle of Maderia wine for working an individual station on all
bands excessive?  Unless it's really cheap wine, and it doesn't sound like
it, yes, I'd think so.

2.  Is a bottle of California wine to the top out-of-state scores for the Ca
QSO Party excessive?  No -- and not relevant to an individual station
offering an out-of-the-ordinary benefit for working them.  This is offered
by the sponsors of the contest, and is an incentive for OOS stations as a
whole to operate -- not to contact one station in particular.  And how does
one disqualify an entire contest, anyway?

3.   A T-shirt for working 100 Italian stations in the WAIP?  Again, if this
is being offered by the contest organizers, not relevant.

4.  Dayton prizes, Yaesu hats, and Kenwood logbooks?  Oh, c'mon, that's not
even got anything to do with a contest.

73, ron wn3vaw

"You are a fluke of the Universe
You have no right to be here
And whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back"
-- National Lampoon's Deteriorata