[CQ-Contest] Re: I won't log /QRP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: I won't log /QRP
From: sm2ekm@telia.com (Jan Erik Holm)
Date: Sat Mar 23 06:31:34 2002
How can a thing like this be so difficult? A callsign is a thing
that identifies your radio station, i e from what country you
operate and a the specific person it belongs to.
If you dont operate from your normal location you are forced
to indicate so. Forexample OH/SM2EKM if I go to Finland.
If I work portable from my own call area in Sweden it would
become SM2EKM/p if call area 3 SM2EKM/3p or if I´m
mobile I use /m or /AM /MM etc etc.
It would actually be illegal ti sign /QRP /QRO /BATHTUB
/TRAINMOBILE /BICYCLEMOBILE or what ever
mickey mouse stuff like that.
An NO I will not log QRP either, or any other invented
mickey mouse thing by strange people.
Why not make it simple? If I work a contest what is the goal?
Yes, to make the QSO as quick as possible. How is that done?
Well, the fundamental part is to get the station you try to work
understand your callsign as quck as possible. How is that done then?
Well, NOT by giving /QRP or any other thing like that that will
confuse things, NOT by giving anything else but your call sign.
and please note MY callsign is not "Kilo Mike" or "Mike Two" or
"Echo Kilo" IT IS Sugar Mike Two Echo Kilo Mike and no
nothing else.
Why does people make things harder then needed?

73 Jim SM2EKM

PS: For pople that arent sure of what their callsign is dig out the
amateur licens form they once did get from the authorities and
read it one more time, your callsign will be on that paper

PS2: I wish we had more people like 9K2ZZ