[CQ-Contest] Re: Poisson 'de Avril

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Poisson 'de Avril
From: ve6yp@shaw.ca (Tony Field)
Date: Sun Mar 24 19:14:55 2002
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@harborside.com>

> There is something fishy here.  I know for a fact, the log I sent
> to him last year had a higher score than he claimed.  In fact I
> found out that there were quite a few others that had higher
> scores than he did.  I sent a local operative of mine over to
> check, and when he went into Doug's shack, he was caught,
> frantically shredding some documents.

Does he work for Arthur Anderson?

tony field (ve6yp)
ve6yp@shaw.ca
http://members.shaw.ca/ve6yp

From: Rich K2WR" <k2wr@njdxa.org (Rich K2WR)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] I won't log /QRP

If one were mobile in, for example, Hawaii, any of the following would be
acceptable identifications using voice:

(callsign) mobile, (callsign) mobile 6, (callsign) mobile KH6 (or NH6, WH6,
AH6), OR just (callsign).

On CW, the words mobile or portable are to be replaced by "/".

The mobile or portable designator can be before or after the callsign,
except if you are a U.S. licensed amateur operating in Canada, in which case
the mobile or portable designator MUST be after the callsign.

A mobile station identifying on CW with (callsign)/M6 (or whatever number)
is in violation.  (If you were operating in the U.K. under CEPT privileges,
you would identify as M/(callsign).)

Having said all that, everyone does it.  If it's important, we could all
write to Riley. No, I don't think it's important.

Rich K2WR