[CQ-Contest] /QRP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] /QRP
From: luther@mail.mdt.net.au (Martin Luther)
Date: Mon Mar 25 23:57:51 2002
One thing that I find a number of times is I copy ???@@@^RP. Sort of like
the end of a long call. So I try the RP go ahead. No response. QRZ.!...
&***%%%$$$#QRP. Aha think I, "the QRP go ahead". SHHHHQRP. Sorry the QRP try
again.SHHHHHHQRP. Please just call, just call !JX5shhhh5XXX! Okay JX5XXX etc
etc

It may sound like I am telling tall tales but it it would happen at least
once per contest where I copy the QRP bit fine each time given but the call
gets buried. When I ask them to leave off the QRP bit the call comes
through.

As for putting QRP on the QSL card. No way. You prove to the awards people
that you were running QRP. I have no knowledge of your power and I cannot
confirm that you were indeed running low power. I can only confrim date time
mode band and that we worked each other.

I am more than happy to work QRP stations. Their pleasure comes through,
literally sometimes. I recently worked a guy using one of these new Yaesu
radios with 5watts pedestrian mobile. We exchanged reports and his signal
was good enough for me to hear the pride and pleasure in his voice.  He
didn't say it but it sounded like "a VK wow Yessssssssssss!"

I have refrained from commenting on the 300watts strong signals thread other
than to perhaps note that the comments from people who can legally run
1500watts seem a little ungenerous. Or perhaps they are scared of the
competition if the rest of the world operates on a level playing field on
power. The power hogs are known. They are all alligators -  all mouth and no
ears !! They are not all, or even mainly, Italian's.

73

Martin VK5GN
Luther@mail.mdt.net.au