Fw: [CQ-Contest] politically correct

Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] politically correct
From: k7qq@netzero.net (Rex Maner)
Date: Thu Apr 4 05:05:53 2002
Quack's
Along with Tom, A serious contestor can work vy hard at it and still not
break 1000 PX  , I could have done an all band effort but that is a bit much
as one rapidly approacches bit 70.  I did manage 566 on Ten meters only and
had condx not crashed on Saturday, maybe 800 or so.  I think that I'm a
serious contestor and have seldom been the big score in any of the DX
contest and Usually not even the top 10.  Some could be to do with physical
location.  eg:  WWA , this just doesn't
make for big time scores where major mults from EU are not easy to get thru
the Aluminum of W1 thru W5,  I heard numerious W0 call area stns wrking EU
that were just a trace here.   I would recommend that there are many ways to
be serious,  Always try to better previous scores , however rember that
conditions play a very big part.   The main thing is to have that first 4
hrs of 130 plus average.  or manage to dig 100  plus countries from a band .
W4ZV always puts 20 to 40 more 10 M countries in his log than I can manage.
No big deal he has a 40 DB advantage with Location and Antennas.  I still
have fun.
CU all In the Next  One
Quack  aka;Rex