[CQ-Contest] NS3T's wild accusation

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS3T's wild accusation
From: ddddd@attbi.com (Dave Tucker)
Date: Fri Apr 12 10:06:09 2002
Below is an accusation by NS3T regarding self spotting.  I would like to set
the record
straight for one and all

I made a concentrated effort to spot stations during the WPX whenever I was
in S&P
mode.  I was very active and probably sent over 350 spots.  Many were dx,
many were
domestic.  Some more than once. That I happened to spot NR6O numerous times
is in
no way a violation of any rule. Where does it state that you can only spot a
station
once? As far as 4 times on 10 meters, well what can I say, that's my
favorite band.
NR6O happens to be a station that I am familiar with and in fact was in
friendly
competition with.  I was  not at NR6O.  There are numberous East and West
coast
stations that I spotted more than once.  Maybe he is just miffed because I
didn't happen
to run across him.   I hope you all were able to work them and I appreciated
the spots
that others posted.

Lets keep these unfounded accusations out of here, we don't need this crap
in our hobby.

Dave Tucker KA6BIM

Quote from NS3T on CQ-Contest reflector:

"After going thru some 17,000 spots from the CQ WPX SSB
contest over
the past week, I figured it was time to share some of my work with the
reflector.  As in the ARRL DX contests, I again found evidence of
disguised self-spotting by a number of stations - that will be forwarded
to those in charge of the WPX contest.

I thought I would start by giving some stats on stations that frequently
spotted another station during the contest.  I've seen people say that
they figure 2 spots per band is "reasonable" for a 48 hour contest; some
of these certainly exceed that.  I am just listing the top ten.

MOST SPOTS OF ANOTHER STATION DURING CQ WPX

1)   IR3P spotted FM5GU 30 times - - 15 spots were on 20 meters.

2t)  S51QN spotted S58M 28 times - - 15 times on 20m.

2t)  CE4VCN spots CB4A 28 times - - 12 spots on 15 meters.

4t)  OK1WWJ spots OL5T 21 times- -  5 each on 80 and 40 meters.

4t)  RK3QWA spotted 5B4/R3CC 21 times (9x on 10 meters.)

6) N2QER - 13 spots of NY6DX - - 5 spots on both 10/15 meters.

7) UR7IJQ spotted US7IGF 12 times - all were on 15 meters.

8t) KA6BIM spotted NR6O 11 times -  4 were on 10 meters.

8t) PY2SBY spotted PU2WDX 11 times - all on 10 meters.
   PU2WDX in turn spotted PY2SBY 6 times on 10 meters.

10) KC5JSO spotted T93M/HI9 10 times - five were on 10m.

More later.

Jamie NS3T"