[CQ-Contest] dodgy spotting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] dodgy spotting
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Mon Apr 15 13:24:45 2002
N2EA added this, as well as other reasonable level-headed comments:

>I am not convinced that extensive spotting actually produces a real
>advantage.

It can be detrimental.  I am often tempted to do self-spotting, but to
deliberately
mis-spot myself in hopes it reduces the mess these spots-gone-ballistic can
cause.  I often am forced to abandon a run when things get messy like that.

>ps:  (VR2BG...you were pounding in, here in VT on 15 this morning, Brett!)

I sensed the band was good, but so few called - even if I were serious in
JIDX HF CW this year, I'll happily work non-JAs when a JA isn't calling & even
reply to the pesky QSLs such contacts inevitably produce.  JIDX is quickly
becoming no fun due to lack of activity & I'm sorry to say I spent most of the
weekend up on the roof enjoying the sun as a result.

73, VR2BrettGraham