[CQ-Contest] Helvetia (HB9) contest and FQP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Helvetia (HB9) contest and FQP
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 14:31:38 2002
Hello Gang,

I am appending a message from Urs, HB9ABO, a good friend of mine whom I met
on the 3B7RF DXpedition in 1998.  Urs and I have been corresponding to
coordinate, as best we can, Qso's between participants in the FQP and the
Helvetia (HB9) contest which have overlapping times.

Here is the HB9 contest info from Urs:

"The 1600 - 0200 UTC period of your FQP coincides with
the first part of our Helvetia 26 contest.

HB9 stations send:
RS(T) QSO No, Canton
Where Canton is one of
ZH BE LU UR SZ OW NW GL ZG FR SO SH
BS BL AR AI GR SG AG TG TI VD VS NE GE JU

Those who will think of, will add "DX" at the end:
eg. 579123 AR DX

Foreign stations send RST and QSO Number."

Urs sent this info about HB9O which I thought would be of interest:

"Also I am still doing some work with the Swiss Humanitary
Aid Unit's specialized group CommunicationS.

HB9BXE, HB9BQW, HB9BQI are in a group of about two dozen
hams who studied then realized a complete renewal of the
Ham radio station at the Swiss Museum of Transport - HB9O.
They raised funds of more than CHF 100'000 and the new
station is now almost complete. As a member of the newly
created operating group I am now busy with instructing operators
coming from all parts of the country.
There are five working places at HB9O:
- "Individual": Terminals of all antennas, 230 V, 13.6 VDC, control
  of all rotators. This place enables a ham to bring his own equipment
  with him to use it at HB9O.
- ATV: Amateur Television (Reception of Satellite Signals)
- VHF/UHF: well - repeater traffic, hi. Be sure, before long I will
  install a CW key there too!
- Digital VHF/UHF/HF All digital modes, spectators can watch QSOs
  on large screens
- HF: FT920, good old TR7, CW/SSB
Only one of this places will be active at any time.

The station will also be on the web and there are two interactive
consoles where the spectators can see and hear "what is amateur
radio?".
So I am rather busy, travelling three times to Lucerne a week
and at home writing and updating the station's operator's manual...

bcnu on contest!

73, Urs, HB9ABO

Tnx & 73, George, K5KG/K4FQP

George I. Wagner, K5KG