[CQ-Contest] It's All in the Mind, You Know

Subject: [CQ-Contest] It's All in the Mind, You Know
From: N5RP@pdq.net (Bob, N5RP)
Date: Fri Apr 19 11:01:32 2002
Packet thread has been interesting to say the least.

Still, Ham Radio is just a hobby, and hobbies are to enjoy.

Self spotting.
Clandestine spotting.
Buddy repeat spotting.
QSO begging spotting.
QLF.
QRQ.
QRS.
F1, F2, F3, F4 - Can't copy CW.
F1, F2, F3, F4 - Can't send CW.
Frequency police.
Scoldings for not using split.
Deliberate QRM.
Net ownership of frequencies.
Contesters destroying telephone quality SSB chit chat of rag chewers.
Hemorrhoid, aches and pains, and medication  QSO content.
Political QSO's.
High Power.
Low Power.
Big antennae.
No antennae.
Stations with maintenance crews.
Stations hiding in a closet.
TVI.
BCI.
RFI.
Front Row Monkeys.
Back Row Monkeys.
Audio adjustment # 2437.

Funny how some things bug me, and some things make me laugh.
Guess I better to just learn to laugh more - at more,
and get bugged less - at less.
Maybe then, I'm gonna find I enjoy my hobby every bit as much as I seem to
keep telling myself.

Who else wants to join me in trying to enjoy the hobby enough to get past
most of the above list?

I really do like to laugh.
Maybe ham radio and laughter would make for a great day on a repeated basis.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP@pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html