[CQ-Contest] [SECC] Eyes and Contests (fwd)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] [SECC] Eyes and Contests (fwd)
From: N5RP@pdq.net (Bob, N5RP)
Date: Wed Apr 24 11:06:28 2002
At 09:45 4/24/2002 -0400, Bill Fisher, W4AN wrote:
>I'm passing this along so you will be aware of this possibility . . .
>
>For the past four or five years when I operated in contests, I got blurred
>vision.
<snip>
=========================>
Yes, as Bill mentions, the torture on the eyes from hamming in front of
computers presents some real dangers and problems to our aging community.

I've done some research on this very problem for my own benefit, and my
wife, for my benefit, has done some looking around for information on the
subject, as well.

Before I dare get in trouble for "impersonating" a professional by
mentioning what I came to discover on the subject, are there any
professionals out there in the commercial interior design or medical arena
that might wish to comment on the ergonomics of a properly designed station
layout as it applies to eye strain and eye damage to our aging contest
community?
.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP