[CQ-Contest] Tomorrow is the Florida QSO Party!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Tomorrow is the Florida QSO Party!
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Fri Apr 26 13:43:13 2002
K4TMC wrote:

Don't forget the Florida QSO Party this weekend!!! (Jim, send the check =
to my=20
callbook address)

....I will have a check cut for you, 'TMC.....honest!

CQ-Contest robot subscribers will be pleased to learn that after =
tomorrow I will once again crawl into my hole for another 11 months...

I appreciate the fact that most of the readership of the various =
reflectors understands I am merely promoting an amateur radio activity =
that our club sponsors.  I try to do it in a lighthearted fashion to =
make it a little more palatable.=20

There is one group I appear to have accidentally offended this year with =
my postings and I have reassured one of their senior members, and asked =
that he inform them, that this was not my intent.  If you feel I have =
stepped on your toes please accept my apologies.

The Florida QSO Party has been blessed with great participation the past =
few years since it was taken over by the Florida Contest Group, and we =
take pride in routinely activating all 67 of Florida's counties my =
employing contesters to mobile between the less activated ones.

Why do contesters do this - fun. How do contesters have fun - running =
stations....your help in allowing us to have fun this weekend would be =
appreciated...we will be waiting for you as we cross the county =
lines...the "fresh meat" pileups are a blast - hope to see you in there!

FQP details/records/results/downloads adn more can be found at our world =
class website (tnx WD4AHZ) it is at:

http://www.qsl.net/fqp

[note that the qsl.net server is having problems today but should be up =
shortly]

ThE PARTY starts tomorrow at noon Eastern time...

Thanks again,

Jim, K4OJ
Florida Contest Group
Sponsors: The Florida QSO Party