[CQ-Contest] NEQP - a taste of New England

Subject: [CQ-Contest] NEQP - a taste of New England
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Mon Apr 29 14:30:57 2002
The activity in the FQP this past weekend will be tough to beat, but we're
going to give it a try in the New England QSO Party this next next weekend -
May 4th-5th.   The full details and rules are at http://www.neqp.org/

We know of at least 200 people in New Eengland who will be active - and that
includes 13 mobiles, 3 portables and several on digital modes.   One team even
plans to travel to new counties via small plane.    All counties should be
covered (67 of them, the same as Florida...).

It looks like we may have a "clean sweep" of software support - CT by K1EA,
CQPWin by AE6Y, GenLog by W3KM, Logger by N1MM, NA by K8CC (not complete yet),
SD by EI5DI, TR by N6TR, Win-EQF by N3EQF, Writelog by W5XD (being tested
today).    Paper logs OK also - the web site has forms for summary and log
sheets.

There are lots of reasons to operate in the NEQP, but K1DG says it best.
Check out the web site (http://www.neqp.org/) for "The Top Ten Reasons to
Operate the NEQP"    The web site also has lots of other resources - list of
county abbreviations, county outline maps, list of home stations as well as
mobiles and where they plan to travel, and a list of NE county awards.

Certificates will be sent to everyone who makes at least 25 QSOs, plus there
are 19 plaques sponsored (so far), including one for the person who works a
"Clean Sweep - Not First, but Furthest", and one for the top score from
California/Nevada.

Oh yes, the reason the message subject says "a taste of New England" is that
we're going to send someone a lobster dinner for two, plus another 20 people
will receive some maple syrup or Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

                -- Tom Frenaye/K1KI + Bob Hess/W1RH
                          (questions?   --> info@neqp.org )

New England QSO Party - May 4-5, 2002   http://www.neqp.org