[CQ-Contest] Are you on this reflector because you like contesitng?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Are you on this reflector because you like contesitng?
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White)
Date: Wed Apr 17 09:49:11 2002
Are you a contest club member?

Guess you like contesting, huh?

Did you know there is a club competition category in the Florida QSO Party?

Well..now you do, as a matter of fact, here are the results of the 2,001
club competition for US Clubs outside of Florida:

US Clubs

CLUB                                  SCORE   ENTRANTS    QTH
1 Mad River RC                        231,604      5        MI/OH/IN
2 Society of Midwest Contesters       215,076      5        IL/IN/MO
3 Frankford RC                        170,244      3        PA/DE
4 Western New York DX Assn             95,424      1         NY
5 Stanford Univ ARC                    90,768      1         CA
6 Southern California Contest Club     69,534      2         CA
7 Univ of ID ARC                       62,656      1         ID
8 Northern California Contest Club     51,656      2        CA/NV
9 Texas DX Society                     44,880      1         TX
10 Carolina DX Assn                     36,432      1         NC
11 Carl Hayden                          27,692      2         AZ
12 Oklahoma DX Assn                     21,504      1         OK
13 Heartland DX Assn                    16,192      2         NE
14 Southeast Contest Club               13,700      3        GA/AL
15 Potomac Valley Radio Club            13,416      1         NC
16 Yankee Clipper Contest Club           9,506      1         MA
17 Northern Arizona DX Assn              9,400      1         AZ
18 Central Texas DX and Contest Club     5,808      1         TX
19 NC State Univ                         1,924      1         NC
20 Univ of Chicago ARC                     770      1         IL
21 Metro DX Club                           646      1         IL
22 Motor City DX Club                      108      1         MI

Here are the results from the DX clubs outside of the US

DX Clubs
CLUB                             SCORE   ENTRANTS    QTH
1 Kaunas Univ. of Technology RC   42,140      1         LY
2 RSGB                            29,410      1          G
3 Top of Europe Contesters         3,950      3         SM
4 Radio Club Uruguay               1,880      1         CX
5 Lithuanian DX Group                144      1         LY

Note that the Kaunas University score is 10th among the non-FL clubs
submitting scores, and that score was from long time FQP supporter Gedas,
LY3BA - due to poor conditions he only worked 57 of the 67 counties this
past year, that's right LY - Lithuania - tope European scorer M0SDX only
missed 2 counties on CW!

....also note that sometimes only one score is being submitted by a contest
club...even if you only get on for a few hours please submit your score for
your club - this is an aspect of the FQP yet to mature - I would love to see
that happen!  Note that many of the contest clubs with newer members are
using the state QSO Parties as training grounds for the "majors" - why not
make the FQP one of those opportunities?  We also have School competition
and Novice/Tech categories! The Floirda COntest Group exists to promote
contesting - anything we can do to help you promote contesting - we would
love to help other contest clubs do same!

The FQP is a good contest for contesters - why do I say that?

Because the contest rules were written by, the predominance of operators
are, and results are compiled by

CONTESTERS

This year marks the fifth year of sponsorship of the FQP by the Florida
Contest Group.  As a contest club we know what contesters like...and we try
and offer it up...if your having fun we're having fun!

I encourage all contesters to get on and send in a score for their club -
there are many awards available in the FQP including the club competition.

Spend a little while cruising the FQP website - read the excellent write-ups
of the contest by logchecker and two time returning WRTC 1st place team
member K1TO....this is definitely NOT our Dad's State QSO Party!

Good ops - snappy exchanges - and no rotor spinning!

Go on, go to the website - its great reading - click on your state record
and see the opportunity for you to own a state record!

Go there and study up - after all the Florida QSO Party is only 10 days
away!

We have commitments for the activation on all but 6 Florida counties with
three mobile teams yet to check in with their routes (yes, this info is on
the website, too!)  I feel safe in saying that once again a sweep of the 67
Florida Counties will be possible in the FQP....

Surf on over to:

http://www.qsl.net/fqp/

If you love contests, you'll love the FQP!  Would I steer you wrong? C'mon
get - on - I'll let you work me in Sweepstakes this November :-)

73,

Jim White, K4OJ
aka one of the K4FCG/M team once a year!